Highlighted
danburch22@gmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 10, 2019

No Silent Mode, Vibration On for Phone Calls

The manual states that I can turn my SoundWear to "silent mode" through the Bose Connect app. However, I can't find the silent mode option in the app. Silent mode is supposed to turn off the vibration for when I receive incoming calls. Any thoughts/ideas/experiences?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: No Silent Mode, Vibration On for Phone Calls

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hello Danburch22,

Welcome to the Bose Community forums and thanks for your message!

That's a great question, and I'd love to help clarify. The SoundWear Companion utilized haptic alerts in the form of gentle vibrations as a discreet way of notifying the user of incoming calls. This functionality can be fine-tuned within the Bose Connect app when the SoundWear Companion is paired to your mobile phone or tablet. This does not affect or change the audio volume levels for the actual call.

To adjust these settings, press the product settings icon, then tap "Call Alerts". From here, you'll have three settings to select from:

• Haptics + Ringtone
    • Vibrate and ring when there's a phone call
  • Just Haptics
    • Only vibrate when there's a phone call
  • Just Ringtone
    • Only ring when there's a phone call

Please let us know if you have any additional questions about this, we'd love to help.

Kindest,

Andy B - Community Support

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Re: No Silent Mode, Vibration On for Phone Calls

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hello Danburch22,

Welcome to the Bose Community forums and thanks for your message!

That's a great question, and I'd love to help clarify. The SoundWear Companion utilized haptic alerts in the form of gentle vibrations as a discreet way of notifying the user of incoming calls. This functionality can be fine-tuned within the Bose Connect app when the SoundWear Companion is paired to your mobile phone or tablet. This does not affect or change the audio volume levels for the actual call.

To adjust these settings, press the product settings icon, then tap "Call Alerts". From here, you'll have three settings to select from:

• Haptics + Ringtone
    • Vibrate and ring when there's a phone call
  • Just Haptics
    • Only vibrate when there's a phone call
  • Just Ringtone
    • Only ring when there's a phone call

Please let us know if you have any additional questions about this, we'd love to help.

Kindest,

Andy B - Community Support