Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 20, 2020

Odd issue - constant beeping error tone

I am posting from Texas, USA. My husband's Bose Companion Soundwear speaker, that we have owned for about 8 months, started acting strange. He keeps it connected to the television. It suddenly started emitting a constant beeping tone and he could not turn it off or increase or decrease the volume with the buttons. I tried to turn it off by holding the power button down for 10 seconds and it would not shut off, the beeping continued. I put it on the charger and the beeping stopped. I took it off the charger, I turned it on, and the beeping resumed. I hooked it up to my PC and checked to see if it needed to be updated. It did not. I did a hard reset and used the Bose Connect app on my iPad to set it up again. As soon set up completed, the beeping resumed. I have done that two more times and attempted the online updater again. It is up to date. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Odd issue - constant beeping error tone

Hey JYL, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! Sorry to read that you are having a strange beeping issue with your SoundWear Companion. 

The steps that you have performed should have resolved this issue for you. As the issue still persists, I would recommend reaching out to us via the Contact Us page here for further support with this. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!