wfwells3
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 6, 2019

Party Mode Soundwear and Bose Micro

I have a Bose SoundWear Companion Speaker that I use when e-biking. 

I just bought a Bose Micro speaker and was hoping I could mount it on the handle bar and engage the Bose Party Mode and play both units. 

Can’t find a way to link both speakers in Party Mode. 

Does anyone know if it can be done, and how?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Party Mode Soundwear and Bose Micro

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hello wfwells3,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

@Morlock is absolutely correct. The SoundWear Companion Speaker features a technology called Music Share which is compatible with other headphones such as the QC35s. Party Mode is a technology available on selected portable speakers such as the SoundLink Micro, SoundLink Color II, and SoundLink Revolve/Revolve Plus. These are not cross-compatible.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

I don't believe there is a way.  Even with the headphones that have music share, it's not compatible with the party mode in their portable speakers.

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hello wfwells3,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

@Morlock is absolutely correct. The SoundWear Companion Speaker features a technology called Music Share which is compatible with other headphones such as the QC35s. Party Mode is a technology available on selected portable speakers such as the SoundLink Micro, SoundLink Color II, and SoundLink Revolve/Revolve Plus. These are not cross-compatible.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support 

wfwells3
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 6, 2019

Thanks for your reply Morlock. 

I wonder if Bose would consider making a firmware update and making them cross compatible? 

Their Soundwear speaker really is more like a portable speaker than a headphone. 

wfwells3
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 6, 2019

Thanks for your reply Charlotte.

Would Bose consider making a firmware update and making them cross compatible? 

Your Soundwear speaker really is more like a portable speaker than a headphone. 

It sure would be nice to have the option to play them both simultaneously and increase the presence of the music. 

Right now I can only switch playing them individually during a bike ride. 

Hi wfwells3, 

Thanks for posting and reaching back out to the community! 

I would be more than happy to raise this as a future feature request for you so that the development team can look at adding this in the future. If anyone else would like to see this or any other features added to the SoundWear Companion please do let us know via this thread. 

Kind Regards,

Hector B 

wfwells3
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 6, 2019

Thank you Hector. 

Hope others have an interest in making your headphones and Soundwear cross-compatible with your Soundlink speaker lineup. 

For me adding the Soundlink Micro speaker to play in addition to the Soundwear Companion Speaker on my bike rides would be great. 

I’m e-biking, and combined with the faster biking speed and other wind noise the Soundwear and Micro speaker sound are interfered with by wind noise. 

Thanks for your assistance pitching the idea to your firmwear update teams. 

All my best!!