Highlighted
Pat Styles
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 7, 2020

Poor sound and dropouts with Soundwear

Hello.

I have been using the Bose Soundwear for a while now as a Bluetooth headset for my phone. The problem is that after a while, quite often, I find lots of dropouts and bad sound and appears to be a poor connection with the phone. It resembles how a distant radio signal can sound distorted and go silent.  Many other people I talk to on the phone tell me they are having trouble hearing me as well. 

I am quite confident that this is not an issue with the phone itself. I have experienced this using two different android phones. My current phone is a Pixel 3a XL.

I am never more than a couple of feet away from the phone, so it is not out of range.

How can I troubleshoot and fix this?

thanks,

.pat styles

1 REPLY 1

Re: Poor sound and dropouts with Soundwear

Hi Pat Styles, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you seem to be experiencing with your call quality on your SoundWear. I'll do all I can to assist you! 

I would recommend clearing the Bluetooth pairing on both your source device and your SoundWear, I have included the LINK HERE to assist you. 

If this is unsuccessful, I would recommend updating the firmware. I have also included the LINK HERE to assist you with the update. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support