Highlighted
KennardConsulting
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

Privacy when purchasing a second-hand SoundWear

Hi there,

I've just purchased a second-hand SoundWear. The previous owner demonstrated it using the Bose SoundWear app on his phone. And now I have connected the SoundWear, via Bluetooth, to my own phone.

My question: is the previous owner still able to access the SoundWear? Clearly it is out of range of his Bluetooth, but it is online (via my Bluetooth). So is there any connectivity there? For example, can he listen to my microphone and/or control what comes out my speaker? For example, my Android Watch (also Bluetooth'd to my phone) is able to send/receive texts even when I'm not on Bluetooth but am online (via some WiFi magic that Google does): https://www.computerworld.com/article/2919013/android-wear-on-wi-fi-using-a-smartwatch-without-a-pho...

Can I factory reset the SoundWare somehow?

Regards,

Richard

1 REPLY 1

Re: Privacy when purchasing a second-hand SoundWear

Hi Richard,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. I will happily assist you with this query.

The previous owner will not be able access your SoundWear Companion speaker unless in the 10m Bluetooth Range. A factory reset clears connected devices and language settings from your speaker and returns it to the original factory settings.

• Turn the speaker on
  • Press and hold the Multi-function button and Volume - buttons for 10 seconds
  • Once complete, the Bluetooth® indicator flashes blue and a voice prompt prompts to select a language

I hope this helps. Do let us know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support