Highlighted
K.T.
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

Soundwear Bluetooth Drivers

Just recently received as Christmas gift - nice sound!  Having an issue that the tech support folks on the phone did not really clear up for me.  There are 2 drivers that the Soundwear device presents to hist devices - [1] Soundwear and [2] LE-Soundwear.  I know that the LE driver is the BLE (low energy) driver and the other is the "standard" BT driver.  A couple questions to the group:

[1] What version of Bluetooth does the speaker use (BTv3.0?)

[2] Are to supposed to connect both devices ("Soundwear" and "LE-Soundwear") to the host?

[3] Why are there 2 drivers?

I'm not a BT expert, but the LE driver does not produce the same fidelity (due to lower throughput for BLE?)

Thanks!

KT

1 REPLY 1

Re: Soundwear Bluetooth Drivers

Hello K.T. 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

It is great that you are now the proud owner of the Bose Soundwear companion. I would love to answer your questions for you. 

1. The Soundwear uses Bluetooth version 4.2.
  2. You are able to connect to the normal one, the LE version is used by the Bose Connect app. 
  3. There are 2 drivers as the Bluetooth low energy allows the Bose Connect app to power on the speaker and connect to it so you do not need to go through the manual Bluetooth settings each time. 

Do let me know if you have any more questions. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support