Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

Soundwear Bluetooth Drivers

Just recently received as Christmas gift - nice sound!  Having an issue that the tech support folks on the phone did not really clear up for me.  There are 2 drivers that the Soundwear device presents to hist devices - [1] Soundwear and [2] LE-Soundwear.  I know that the LE driver is the BLE (low energy) driver and the other is the "standard" BT driver.  A couple questions to the group:

[1] What version of Bluetooth does the speaker use (BTv3.0?)

[2] Are to supposed to connect both devices ("Soundwear" and "LE-Soundwear") to the host?

[3] Why are there 2 drivers?

I'm not a BT expert, but the LE driver does not produce the same fidelity (due to lower throughput for BLE?)

Thanks!

KT

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Soundwear Bluetooth Drivers

Hello K.T. 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

It is great that you are now the proud owner of the Bose Soundwear companion. I would love to answer your questions for you. 

1. The Soundwear uses Bluetooth version 4.2.
  2. You are able to connect to the normal one, the LE version is used by the Bose Connect app. 
  3. There are 2 drivers as the Bluetooth low energy allows the Bose Connect app to power on the speaker and connect to it so you do not need to go through the manual Bluetooth settings each time. 

Do let me know if you have any more questions. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

Thanks for your previous reply. There is still another issue and I'm not quite sure what the cause is. Very often I will be on a VoIP call with my Soundwear headset, and the headset will disconnect and reconnect almost immediately for no reason. It is almost as if it is changing channels…  I am sitting next to my computer, so it's not a signal issue, and I do not have the same problem with other Bluetooth headsets. When this happens, the only Bluetooth device I have active is the Soundwear headset and my cell phone (which is also connected to my Soundwear headset). Any ideas?
Thanks again!
KT

Highlighted

Hi K.T.

That is interesting. Do you only have the disconnection when using the SoundWear with VoIP calls, or have you noticed it at any other times? 

Also, when you say the SoundWear disconnects, do you get a voice prompt saying it has disconnected? Or does just the audio drop out briefly?

If you have both the computer and your phone connected to the speaker, it is possible that it might be switching between the two devices briefly. Try disconnecting the phone next time you have  VoIP call and see if you still get the same behavior.

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

Hi Keith –
Thanks for the quick reply. Great question, I do have the voice notification of the disconnection from the computer and then the immediate reconnection notice. During that time, the call drops. I have had instances where the VoIP call is muted and then unmute it quickly and I chalked that up to the cell phone. I did not have the VoIP call get disconnected at that time, just the muting of the conversation.

Highlighted

Hi KT,

As it seems to be a complete disconnection when this happens, the next thing I would recommend doing is checking the firmware of your SoundWear is up to date, as well as the Bluetooth drivers for your computer. You can update the speaker using our Device Updater on a computer, if there are any updates available. 

Once you have done any necessary updates, I would also recommend clearing the pairing between the speaker and your computer. To clear the pairing list on the SoundWear, turn the speaker on and simply press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear a notification. Once this is done, forget the pairing on the computer as well, then reconnect.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

Hi Keith - The firmware is 3.0.3 on the Soundwear speaker, which is current.  Have deleted and re-added the device from my computer (i.e. cleared Soundwear memory and re-paired as well).  Will check BT drivers and see if there's any updates.  Will use for a few days and reply.  Appreciate the "realtime" help!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 15, 2020

Soundwear keeps disconnecting

My soundwear keeps disconnecting then reconnecting using a samsung note 10+ and a samsung galaxy s6 tablet.  Same problem happens on both.  I can connect to both devices but when I try to use anything with sound (game, movie, music, etc) the soundwear disconnects and then reconnects.  It just cycles disconnecting and reconnecting till I stop the process by turning it off.  

I have connected the soundwear to my pc but the sound is very choppy.  The sound comes in and out every second. 

The soundwear says it is up to date.  I have also reset by holding the multi button and - button and cleared the bluetooth memory.  I have also tried reinstalling the bose app.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Highlighted

Re: Soundwear keeps disconnecting

Hello Jsl147,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community.

I am sorry that you are facing issues with the Bluetooth connection of your SoundWear companion and Samsung devices. 

There are some great steps in this thread to get this resolved for you. Can you please let me know which ones you have tried?

The steps here will also be great to try! 

Do let me know how you get on.