Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 7, 2020

Soundwear / Super bad static during calls

Several times during calls, I encounter bad static or garbled noise. Most of these times the other side also complain the same. I’ve been using the Soundwear for about a year now. While it’s great to listen to music (and I never get this static noise while listening to music) it’s absolutely annoying during calls. I suspected if it was due to the charge levels of the Soundwear or that of the connected device (iphone, iPad or MacBook) but it happens even if all are fully charged. I also cleared the connections and re paired the devices. I thought the firmware updates might help but they also didn’t. In fact I think it’s gone from bad to worse - initially when I hear a static if I switch directly to the phone and switch back to Soundwear after a minute it used to be fine but in the recent times even that doesn’t work. 

Any solution to resolve this will be of great use. Thanks. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Soundwear / Super bad static during calls

Hi Aanapaana, 

Thank you for your post and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with call quality. I'll be more than happy to help. 

I would recommend updating the firmware on the SoundWear. You can do this by heading to the LINK HERE on a laptop or PC and following the on-screen instructions. 

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.