Soundwear compatible with wave soundtouch iv?

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Soundwear compatible with wave soundtouch iv?

Hi, I'm new to this forum and hope someone can help me please.

I bought a new Soundwear yesterday and connected it to my mobile for the radio. I used it for the first time in the garden today. It did cut out quite a lot, but then I used a powerpack on my mobile and the Soundwear performed much better for about an hour - then it started to cut out again. I think it's my mobile's fault rather than the Soundwear, although I cannot be sure.

However, can anyone please tell me if the Soundwear is compatible to my Wave Soundtouch IV? If so, how do I do this?
If I can use the Soundwear via bluetooth (?) with my Soundtouch radio, I am hoping it will not cut out anymore (fingers crossed!).

If anyone could explain to me how to pair them - in laymens terms please cos I'm a luddite really - then if it cuts out again i will know it's the Soundwear that's possibly at fault.

One more thing please..... roughly how many feet away will the Soundwear device cease working from the host bluetooth device?

Thank you for any help you can offer me - it will be much appreciated.

Sue
4 REPLIES
Silent Starter

Re: Soundwear compatible with wave soundtouch iv?

My daughter just said the problem might be that the Wi-Fi does not go to the end of our garden and that's why it might have cut out.

Forgive my total ignorance but I thought I was listening through the Soundwear via Bluetooth?? Now I'm confused and it doesnt take much!!

Help!!??

Hey Sue,

Thanks for writing in and welcome to the community. To answer your first question, the SoundWear is not compatible with the SoundTouch Wave radios. The Bluetooth on that is for streaming music from your mobile device, for example. Hope that helps. 

However, sorry to hear that the audio has been cutting out. You're correct in that your mobile device is streaming music wirelessly via Bluetooth to the SoundWear, but the music app on your mobile device itself may require a strong WiFi signal to play. To test this, try using your SoundWear inside. 

Also, the Bluetooth range is up to 30 feet from the source device, but walls and other wireless devices nearby can cause interference which can also lead to audio dropouts. 

Please let me know your findings when you get a moment. 

Thanks again,

Mohsin - Community Support

Silent Starter

Hello Mohsin

Thank you for your help. I will try and test the Soundwear device, as you have suggested, after the new year.

I have to convert all my wma (?) music files into mp3's as the Soundwear does not play them, which is frustrating and I certainly need more patience, time and concentration to do that (plus help from my husband when it all goes wrong!!!).

Christmas and the New Year festivities will have to take priority for the time being as there's so much to do.

I will let you know how it goes and thank you again for your useful suggestions Smiley Happy

Have a great Christmas and New year everyone!

Sue

Hey Sue,

No problem and thank you for the update! 

You may respond to this after your holidays, but can you please also include the message you are getting when you try playing the WMA file? 

Thanks for the wishes, and to you as well!

Mohsin