Soundwear doesn't work after unboxing

SOLVED
Highlighted
Silent Starter

Soundwear doesn't work after unboxing

Hello,

I was travelling to US and bought myself Bose Soundwear on SFO airport. After I got home, I've unboxed it and found it not working. The power button doesn't do anything. When I try to charge, I can see 3 LEDs, but nothing happens or changes after that.

What am I supposed to do? Will the guarantee work with a receipt from SFO airport? Am I supposed to send it anywhere? Can I return it if I'm not in US anymore? 

Disappointed long time Bose user

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bose Best Answer selected by ModeratorJeff_G

Accepted Solutions

Re: Soundwear doesn't work after unboxing

Hello tkazmierski, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am so sorry that you are having issues with your Soundwear Companion speaker. Before returning the speaker, please can I ask have you tried to update the speaker? Sometimes products need an update out of the box. You can do this by going to btu.bose.com on a computer and following the instructions on the screen. 

If once you have done this you still cannot get the speaker to power on, please let me know which region you are now in and I can assist further. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

3 REPLIES 3

Hello tkazmierski, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am so sorry that you are having issues with your Soundwear Companion speaker. Before returning the speaker, please can I ask have you tried to update the speaker? Sometimes products need an update out of the box. You can do this by going to btu.bose.com on a computer and following the instructions on the screen. 

If once you have done this you still cannot get the speaker to power on, please let me know which region you are now in and I can assist further. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Silent Starter

OMG, it worked! Thank you so much! :-)

If there was a clear instruction to do an update, it would save me a lot of time and stress last night. But the most important thing is that it works.

That will probably save me and my family for Bose and we'll keep using these products (which wouldn't happen the thing was broken).

Thanks again!

That's great to hear, tkazmierski! 

We have marked the post as the solution, and if anyone else has similar issues, please follow Vicky W's advice. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G