Soundwear in "protection" mode

Quiet Contributor

Soundwear in "protection" mode

I had not used my Collar (what the kids named my Soundwear) for several months and the updater will only get to 20% then notify me to call Bose Support. After reading up on possible causes, I found there is a "protection" mode that may be in place due to long periods of no use and total battery depletion. Im hoping someone has a resolution to what I can do to reactivate my product. 

3 REPLIES

Re: Soundwear in "protection" mode

Hello df78250

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear about the issues.but would be glad to assist!

When trying to update the SoundWear Companion, are using the Connect app?  If so, can you try and connect the speaker to a computer with the USB cable and try updating this way?  HERE is a link to the updater page. 

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Quiet Contributor

Well I cant use the connect app because the Soundwear product wont power up and using the computer to update with the Connect process stops at 25% everytime with a notification to call customer service. No luck here. 

Highlighted

Hi df78250

Thanks for the reply!

I would recommend contacting your local support department to discuss service options as it appears there is an issue with the speaker.  Normally when a product is left un-powered for an extended period of time, connecting a power cord to the product should wake it.  

Please click HERE and select your country and Contact Us to display a number for support in your area.

Warm Regards,

Tony A