Soundwear says connected to iMac, but does not play through speaker

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Soundwear says connected to iMac, but does not play through speaker

The subject says it all. Any hints?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Soundwear says connected to iMac, but does not play through speaker

Hi AndrewWalter, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having with your SoundWear. I will do all I can to assist you! 

With Macs, dependant on the source you are listening to, you may need to change the settings for your connected devices. 

Does the SoundWear function as excepted with all other devices?

Let me know! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

Silent Starter

Re: Soundwear says connected to iMac, but does not play through speaker

I just purchased it yestrday and had the very same issue but with my Windows 10 desktop. I know you have a MAC OS but the following may work for you as it did for me although convoluted and a hassle because you'll have to reverse the procedure to use your desktop speakers once again as default: 1) Connect and configure  the SWCompanion (name the device). 2) Enable Bluetooth on the desktop. On the SWC press the blutooth discover button. 3) On the desktop go to Bluetooth Settings make sure it sees/recognizes whatever you named the SWC. 4) Go to Sound Settings in Desktop Control Panel and under 'Choose Output Device' tab (your desktop speakers should be set as default), choose instead the name of your SWC or "Headset Earphone". 5) To test position your mouse over the desktops task manager sound icon. It should display 'Headset Earphone'. Open a sound or video file with your app of choice and test again. 6) You'll need to use your desktops sound properties to adjust the volume on the SWC.

If all okay, you can delete the Bose phone app, you only need it once for initial setup.