dpm1028@comcast.net
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 5, 2019

Soundwear turns off for no reason

The speakers shut off in the middle of a MS Teams call.  The call is still going, but the speaker shuts off.  Turning it back on reconnects, but I can't have ti shutting off.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Soundwear turns off for no reason

Hello dpm1028,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm really sorry to hear that your SoundWear Companion speaker is cutting out during MS Teams calls. 

Does this only happen when using this application? Please test this with general listening on your device.

Also, please test the SoundWear on another device with MS Teams if possible!

Let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
mor10
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

Same happens with Skype, and has for a while

Highlighted

Hi mor10,

Thank you for joining the discussion, I'm sorry to hear you are also having trouble with your Soundwear speaker and I would be happy to help with this.

When you notice this happen does the Soundwear completely power down, or does it disconnect from Bluetooth?

Do you still see any LED information on the speaker when this happens?

The first thing I would recommend you do to resolve this is checking for and installing any available updates for your speaker. The best way to do this is by going to the Device Updater on a computer and following the on-screen instructions.

It would also be a good idea to reboot the speaker. TO do this you will need to press and hold the multi-function and volume - buttons together for 10 seconds.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.