Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 5, 2019

Soundwear turns off for no reason

The speakers shut off in the middle of a MS Teams call.  The call is still going, but the speaker shuts off.  Turning it back on reconnects, but I can't have ti shutting off.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Soundwear turns off for no reason

Hello dpm1028,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm really sorry to hear that your SoundWear Companion speaker is cutting out during MS Teams calls. 

Does this only happen when using this application? Please test this with general listening on your device.

Also, please test the SoundWear on another device with MS Teams if possible!

Let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

Same happens with Skype, and has for a while

Highlighted

Hi mor10,

Thank you for joining the discussion, I'm sorry to hear you are also having trouble with your Soundwear speaker and I would be happy to help with this.

When you notice this happen does the Soundwear completely power down, or does it disconnect from Bluetooth?

Do you still see any LED information on the speaker when this happens?

The first thing I would recommend you do to resolve this is checking for and installing any available updates for your speaker. The best way to do this is by going to the Device Updater on a computer and following the on-screen instructions.

It would also be a good idea to reboot the speaker. TO do this you will need to press and hold the multi-function and volume - buttons together for 10 seconds.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2020

I started having this issue today while in meetings on Go To Meeting and Microsoft Teams meetings.  I realized that device shut off after about an 1 hour of use.  I remembered that two weeks ago I changed the power setting to auto shut off after 1 hour.  While using the device last week on a couple of MS Teams meetings the device did well and didn't shut off when the meeting went into the 2hrs.  However, this past weekend I did a firmware update and now the device doesn't recognize that I am in a GoTo Meeting or any online meeting for that matter.  I changed my device to auto shut off after 3 hours and seemed to fix the problem.

I was still able to listen to music and audio books for hours on end without any problems with the 1hr auto shut off after I did the update.  It just doesn't recognize online meetings.  So, the short fix for me was to set the auto shut off to 3 hours or never.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

How can I check what the auto shutoff setting?

Highlighted

Hey @mor10,

The auto-off setting defaults to 3 hours but can be changed via the app.

1. Open the app and wait while it searches for available Bose Bluetooth® products
  2. Tap the Settings icon to open the product's settings menu. (Note: If you have more than one Bose Bluetooth product, swipe left or right to find it, then tap Settings)
  3. Tap "Standby Timer" to adjust the time before the product automatically powers off
  4. Choose the desired time before powering off

Alternatively, to enable or disable powering off automatically:

Simultaneously press and hold the Input and Volume + buttons until a tone or voice prompt (if enabled) confirms the setting.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 16, 2020

This might help some people.

What I've realized with the Soundwear is the following.

1) It has two distinct bluetooth profiles, Stereo and Handsfree-AG. When connected to Windows 10 Machine, if you have the audio output set to Stereo but have the Mic input set to Handsfree-AG, then the Soundwear will not output Audio via the Stereo Profile, only until you switch it to the Handsfree-AG Profile for the audio Output as well.

2) The timer does not detect Handsfree-AG as being active and therefore will turn off after an hour (or whatever time you have it set as) but will detect Audio if it's being piped through the Stereo Profile.

What I've had to do is figure out a way to disable the Stereo profile when hooked up to my computer so that Teams or whatever conferencing software I'm using, does not decide to switch over to Stereo while in the middle of a meeting.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 5, 2017

Hi guys! Have you solved the problem with automatic cutting off? I had the same problem a few times. And have followed the advice here and checked the auto-off default setting and all iI fine here. I am from 832 area code location and my internet connection is very good. So there must be some problem with the device. I think I will go to the service center to check.