Soundwear volume issue on mobile phone

Highlighted
CSO
Quiet Contributor

Soundwear volume issue on mobile phone

I have owned or currently own virtually all Bose products. I now have a Soundwear which at first I loved for all of the reasons stated elsewhere. But with my iPhone X, I'm having volume level problems. Too many to track and report here, but for example, no matter how low I turn the volume level down, every time I open the Bose Connect App, the volume is at the highest or returns to the highest level. I will be listening on Bluetooth for example to music, or XM, and when I receive a text message or new email, my ears are blown out as the volume is extremely high. It is as if the volume control, Bluetooth volume control, and others are not in sync. I called and spoke with Bose Tech Support (not the same as it used to be) and did the usual self-run tests and found nothing. So exchanged for a new one and am having the same problem. Called Bose Tech again, and I could not get a straight answer, but it seemed as though she was saying this is a known problem that they are working on BUT she was not clear, and I certainly have no clarity as to what she said. In fact, she repeatedly said she would replace the second unit which made no sense if they know there's a problem and it cannot yet be fixed. I am debating whether to give in and return the unit altogether. Has anyone else experienced these issues or have insight into what's happening? 

2 REPLIES

Re: Soundwear volume issue on mobile phone

Hello CSO

Thanks for posting and joining the community!  Sorry to hear about the volume issues, but would be glad to assist!

Regarding the notifications being extremely loud, this is something can be adjusted within the settings of the iPhone itself.

Can we try and go to the sound and haptics settings in the iPhone and make sure that Change with Buttons is disabled?  From here, the volume slider above will allow you to set a static volume for incoming notifications.  Also, notification volume vs audio streaming volume is independent on the iPhones.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

CSO
Quiet Contributor

Re: Soundwear volume issue on mobile phone

Unfortunately, none of those resolve the issue. I've tried everything. Sometimes, even the volume scroll bar in the bose app has zero effect on the volume. There clearly is an issue since I've gone through multiple units with the same issue.