Soundwear volume issue

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

Soundwear volume issue

Hi, I've been having a time trying to figure out why the soundwear can't control it's volume using my samsung ks8500 smart tv. All other headphone haven't had this problem and the soundwear actually works on other devices to include other samsung tv's. I've contacted samsung as well and no one seems to understand what the problem could be. I've exchanged the speaker with the same results. I have other bluetooth headphones, to include other bose earbuds, that work fine. I've tried a transmitter and it wasn't any differnt. I was able to connect the transmitter to my reciever using the aux port but the quality wasn't that goodl. If thats the best I can do then I've wasted $300 on bose. 

64 REPLIES

Re: Soundwear volume issue

Hey saxmang,

Welcome to the community, my friend!  Thank you for all of the detail that you've provided, it sounds like you've done some awesome troubleshooting already.  What software version are you running on your TV?  

Let's try a couple steps on your SoundWear:

1. Turn the speaker on
  2. Press and hold the Multi-function button and Volume - button for 10 seconds
  3. Once complete, the Bluetooth indicator flashes blue and a voice prompt prompts to select a language

Once you complete the reset let's clear the pairing list as well.  To do this just turn on the device and press and hold the Bluetooth button and hold it down until you hear a voice prompt letting you know that the list is cleared.  At this point make sure to delete the SoundWear from your device's paired lists then reestablish the connection and test it out. 

Let me know if this makes a difference?

I hope that you enjoy your day and have a great weekend!

Take care,

Shiloh - Bose Support

Friendly Fanatic

thanks for responding! I tried that with no success again. What I find so confusing is why do other devices do fine and the soundwear can't? What is different about it? My bose ear buds do fine. I may have to send these back and settle for the JBL soundgear. They do a great job but I didn't care for the battery life and they were a lil tight on my neck.

Hi  saxmang,

Thanks for trying that.  Because that didn't work and we certainly want you to be able to enjoy your SoundWear fully, I've passed this information along to engineering and I will follow up with you as soon as I hear anything back on our next steps.  Stay tuned!

In the meantime, I hope you have a wonderful day!

Take care,

Shiloh 

Hi @saxmang,

I have a few follow up questions for you while our engineers investigate this.  

• When you mention that you have a set of Bose headphones are work with the TV - which ones are they?
  • What is the software version on your TV?
  • Can you please clarify on what products the volume control is actually functioning with?  What's the model number of the other Samsung TV that the SoundWear is working on? 
  • Does the SoundWear work with your phone and other devices?

In the meantime, could you try resetting your TV and let me know if that has any effect?

Thank you so much and take care,

Shiloh 

Friendly Fanatic

HI, I'm not sure of the version of the samsung ks 8500 but it is updated and current and I check it often and it's also set to auto update. I don't know anything about the other samsung tv I was able to have it work fine with as it was a friends that I went over to this house to test it. It also was a smart tv. His tv is the Samsung UN65JU6500

It works fine with other devices. I also have the Bose soundsport earbuds that will control the volume and everyother device I've connected to it also works fine. Huge mystery!! I've reset and reset everything mulitble times with no luck with any of them. I also connected a transmitter up hoping that would correct it but did not. I've found online many complaints of the samsung tv's having issue with little to none ways of fixing it. It's just odd that neither Bose or Samsung has a solution as I'd think bluetooth was bluetooth. 

The JBL Soundgear worked fine with it also. It has the aptx and I don't know if that matters but again the soundsports work fine so I'd think not. 

To be clear for the engineers this is the second soundwear I've purchased and it does the same thing as the first.

Thanks for your efforts and perhaps the engineers can tell me what is different with the bluetooth capibilities of the soundsport and soundwear..

Hey,

Thanks so much for providing all of that information, much appreciated. I have passed those details along for you, I'll keep you posted.

I hope that you enjoy your weekend!

Take care,

Shiloh 

Friendly Fanatic

The weekend was ok, thanks. I reordered the jbl soundgear and it works great on the tv so lets shift the question off the tv onto what is different with the soundwear compared to both the bose soundsport and the jbl soundgear for bluetooth and volume control.. hopefully this won't take months to figure out.

I know it's still the tv but I doubt samsung plans to do anything based on all the complaints.

Audible Advocate

I just got the soudwear and I am having the same issue. My Sharp TV  ( model Aquos LC-52LE640U is a smart TV but not bluetooth. I did purchase a TP-Link and that paired the two. But I have the same problem no volume control. When I paired my Bose soundlink mini with the TV the volume does adjust.  And my samsung phone works fine with the soundwear.

Friendly Fanatic

Wrighting this from Japan,
I am having same issue and please help me if this issue raised on Jan.2018 solved
in some where.

I am mailing a lot of time to Bose Japan Customer Center, but always same following reply and nothing going foward.
1. It becomes a compatibility problem at the present time,so specification changes related to products, it is difficult to do as soon as possible,
2,We(Bose) have not confirmed the operation with a specific device, so
we can not guide recommended equipment etc.
3.Arleady reported to global engineering team, no respones at this moment please wait.

As saxmang reported JBL Soundgear sound control worked well, at this situation Bose Soudwear really compatibility problem?

Detail as followed..
I am facing the same issue to control the volume of TV with Soundwear connecting through my Bluetooth Transmitter.

No Soundwear volume control issue when connecting with iphone, Android phone but only with TV volume,
I have also tried sending with several different makers Bluetooth Transmitter (JPRIDE JPT2, Logitec etc.) but nothing solved.
And recieving with other makers Bluetooth speaker, headphones. earphones are working quite well.I can control volume with no issue.

I loveed Bose brand and Soundwear concepts, so I appreciation if some one help me the status and resolution.