Soundwear volume issue

Re: Soundwear volume issue

Hi just frustrated,

Thank you for posting. I am very sorry to hear about your experience with the SoundWear Companion. As @Mohsin_S mentioned if your device is AVCRP compatible then it should work. What transmitter are you using? Have you confirmed with the manufacturer that it is AVCRP compatible?

Regards,

Tony - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

I just bought a SounWear to use with my Windows computer, amongst others. After realising that all my Bose products sound horrble when connected to my WIndows computer and Bose had no way of explaining this, I bought a TaoTronics TT-BA07 and experienced the volume control issue everyone else here is experiencing. Emailed TaoTronics today to check if they support AVCRP. But still, seems strange that they can't get the volume control on SoundWear to work when the QC30 volume control works just fine when connected to the TT-BA07. For now, the volume control works if I connect to both the Windows computer and the TT-BA07 at the same time, but not with TT-BA07 and my iPhone at the same time. Honestly, I might just return it anyways if this is how Bose deals with problems... "It should work and we are not gonna test with any of this range of products that don't". As an engineer myself, I would have quit my job if this was my company's position on product issues.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

TaoTronics told me the TT-BA07 does not have AVCRP support. I have now also tried connecting the SoundWear to a Linux computer. I got play, pause, next and previous to work, but not volume. It is very possible that this is a AVCRP support issue, I have not been able to find any information about this so far. However, I still don't understand why my other Bose products work, but the SoundWear does not. Have you removed functionality for local volume control when AVCRP is not present or something?

Silent Starter

Hi,

just got a new bose Soundwear tried to connect it toa brand new Samsung 4k QN65Q9FNA and im having the same volume issue everyone is talking about - volume is so low and cannot be increased.

if i connect to the PC it works fine.

i fully udpated the Soundwear and TV.

this is very disappointing... spent tons of $$$ on this hardware and it cant even talk with each other properly?! 

its been almost a year since this thread started and yet no solution from bose - so much for customer "care"...

very disappointing...

Sean

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the post, and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having.

Are you able to increase the volume of the Soundwear using the Bose Connect App?  You may be able to adjust the volume there, which could solve your issue.

As well, lets try a factory reset on the device.

1. Turn the speaker on
  2. Press and hold the Multi-function button and Volume - button for 10 seconds
  3. Once complete, the Bluetooth indicator flashes blue and a voice prompt prompts to select a language

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Silent Starter

Hi Brandon, thank you for your reply.

controlling the volume from the application did not work - does not have any effect on the volume in the soundwear device.

i performed the steps as you described and reconnected the device directly to the TV (without pairing with the phone) - same result, volume remains very low. using the volume buttons on the device or the volume in the TV does not work.

i perfromed the reset again and paied with the phone and then with the TV - same as before, volume does not change and remains very low.

is there something else i can try?

thank you for your help and time,

Sean

Hi again Sean,

If none of those steps worked, I would recommend that you contact your local support center via phone to arrange for service.  Go to THIS link, select your country, and scroll to the bottom to "Contact Us".

Best,

Brandon

Quiet Contributor

Come one Brandon... Have you even read this thread? We have all tried contacting Bose support. It doesn't work.... It just ends up in wasted time for us and your support staff. 

Quiet Contributor

Hi all,

I've bought the soundwear yesterday in France and I face difficulties to controle the volume via a PC.

No problem to connect it to my Phone (samsung with android) and to controle the volume with it.

I have 2 PCs with Windows 10 (one is 2 years old, the other is 7 years old). With none of them it is possible to properly/easily controle the volume. However, I face 2 different cases:

- when on internet (youtube, Netflix, etc / I tried both with Firefox and Chrome) or using VLC (I haven't tried another software), impossible to switch the volume directly on the soundwear. But it is doable via my phone and the Bose connect app. However, it often requires to disconnect/connect the PC once via the bose app to make it work (if not, changing the volume has no effect). If I have a phone call, the soundwear switches from the PC to the phone. But I have to reach my PC to be able to do "pause".

- if I listen to music with Spotify (which has a software installed on the computer). In this case, everything works perfectly.

From my experience, I may conclude that the soundwear and my PCs can effectively communicate. The problems very likely arise from a lack of compatibility/communication between the soundwear and music/video players.

Do you have an idea of how I could solve this problem ???

Thanks in advance !

Quiet Contributor

Hi

Just to say that I've had the same issue with the latest 2018 Samsung QLED tv but rather than contact Bose I contacted Samsung because the internet is full of people complaining that the bluetooth output from their TVs is fixed volume so headphones etc without their own volume controls are set to whatever level Samsung has decided - the SoundWear has plus/minus volume controls but these are unresponsive when hooked up to my Samsung TV for some reason

Samsung confirm that they are aware of the problem and say they will consider putting in a fix in the next software update - but since the complaints about the fixed volume of Samsung TV's bluetooth output go back years I'm not holding my breath ...

The only solution at the moment seems to be to hook the SoundWear up to the TV via an amplifier and to control the volume from that