Three lights no charging no power on

SOLVED
Bose Best Answer selected by ModeratorJeff_G
Silent Starter

Re: Three lights no charging no power on

I am calling when they open.
Audible Advocate

Hi Jardon, try this... I successfully got mine working last night.

I had the same issue... 3 solid lights and SoundWears were not charging. I resorted to running the Bose Software Updates (https://btu.bose.com). Do not have your SoundWears plugged into the machine (make sure they are unplugged). Download and install the Software Updater. The webpage will change once the software is installed. Now scroll down to the Bose SoundWear Icon and click on it. You will then be prompted to plug in your SoundWears. On mine, the Updater installed the latest version (Version 2.6.0). Once the software was updated, I had 1 blinking light!!!! I've left it plugged in and now I have have 2.5 blinking lights... so it looks to be working. Fingers crossed!

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy
Audible Advocate

Hi IBKB24, I had the same problem. Mine is working now and fully charged as of this morning.

I had the same issue... 3 solid lights and SoundWears were not charging. I resorted to running the Bose Software Updates (https://btu.bose.com). Do not have your SoundWears plugged into the machine (make sure they are unplugged). Download and install the Software Updater. The webpage will change once the software is installed. Now scroll down to the Bose SoundWear Icon and click on it. You will then be prompted to plug in your SoundWears - DO NOT UPLUG your headphones until the update is complete. On mine, the Updater installed the latest version (Version 2.6.0). Once the software was updated, I have blinking lights!!!!

Hope this helps.
Silent Starter

Hi
I am facing the same problem ...3 lights and product not charging...tried the software update ... three lights gone but the product is not charging ..any help ??

Hi parv,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

If you have tried all the steps and it still hasn't resolved your issue, please contact support over the phone.

For the technical supports phone number, go HERE, select your region, scroll to the bottom of the page and choose "Contact Us."

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Audible Advocate

I found out that it's the firmware. If the device has not been turned on in a while it goes into protective mode. 1- Go to Bose soundwear update.com. 2- download the file and be aware of the file location. 3- Once you have the file downloaded, plug the USB cable into the device. 4- Open the saved file and follow the prompts. 5- when told to do so,plug the USB cable into the computer and the program will detect the device and start the firmware update. After the update of the device is finished you will have to charge the device and then you are ready to enjoy your Bose Soundwear.
I hope this helps
Wistful Whisperer

Thank you!!!!!!

Not sure if this information is in the packaging but it needs to be on a flash card size card and all sales people need to tell customers a software update is required.  By the way, this worked for me too.

Wistful Whisperer

Thank you!!!!!!

Not sure if this information is in the packaging but it needs to be on a flash card size card and all sales people need to tell customers a software update is required. By the way, this worked for me too.

@atxguy512 wrote:

Hi.  I had the same issue... 3 solid lights and SoundWears were not charging.  I resorted to running the Bose Software Updates (https://btu.bose.com).  Do not have your SoundWears plugged into the machine (make sure they are unplugged).  Download and install the Software Updater.  The webpage will change once the software is installed.  Now scroll down to the Bose SoundWear Icon and click on it.  You will then be prompted to plug in your SoundWears.  On mine, the Updater installed the latest version (Version 2.6.0).  Once the software was updated, I had 1 blinking light!!!!  I've left it plugged in and now I have have 2.5 blinking lights... so it looks to be working.  Fingers crossed!  

Hope this helps.  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Glad I could help