Participant
Registered since

Dec 19, 2020

Voltage requirements - Companion 5

Simple question. I purchased my Companion 5 system in France (220v) and now live in Brazil (110v).  Can I just use a plug adaptor (like simple mobile electronics - computer, cell phones, etc.) or must I use a voltage transformer or get the unit converted?

Thanks,

Ronny

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Voltage requirements - Companion 5

Hey RonnyR, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the forums. 

The Commpanion 5 uses a 120 V, 50/60 Hz power supply, so 110V will not be enough to power it. I would suggest reaching out to your local team to see what can be done. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Dec 19, 2020

Re: Voltage requirements - Companion 5

Actually, the voltage in Brazil (where I now live) is 127 volts, but I purchased the unit in France which operates with 230 volts...so that means I cannot use the unit in Brazil, correct?  Unless I either use a transformer or somehow convert it....I just wasn't sure if it was like our mobile phones or computers where we only need to adapt the plug.