Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 2, 2020

pop then shuts off

Companion 2 Series III pop then shut off. I unplug the power cord on the back of the speaker, plug it back in and the speaks come back on. I bought a new power cord and no joy, same thing happens. This tells me it's something in the speaker. There is something heating up inside the speaker that makes the speakers shut down. The reason I'm saying this, as the day go on, the frequency of popping and shut downs goes up. At the end of the day, the speakers shuts down after only a minute or less. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks, Harl 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: pop then shuts off

Hi Harl,

Thanks for reaching out, sorry to hear that you are having this experience with your Companion 2 III speaker. 

In this instance, I would suggest that you reach out to your local Bose technical support team. You can reach out to your local support team by clicking this link and selecting your region. This will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. Do note, if you are contacting through Facebook or Twitter, our agents cannot process any payment transactions or out of warranty services.

Thank you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!