soundwear audio interruptions while listening

SOLVED
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

soundwear audio interruptions while listening

I love my soundwear speaker, but I'm experiencing very short audio interruptions every so many seconds (variable). It doesn't matter if the bluetooth source is my tablet or smartphone. It's especially annoying when listening to music. Distance between devices is short ( < 1m).

Firmware on all devices is current. My smartphone is a Samsung A8 2018, the tablet is a Samsung S5e. I could still test this out with my old tablet also (Samsung S2) but I expect the result will be the same...

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Author Accepted Answer selected by MarcV

Accepted Solutions

Re: soundwear audio interruptions while listening

Hi MarcV, 

Thank you for your posts and welcome to the Community! 

Thank you for all the detail you have provided. It is most helpful!

I would recommend clearing the Bluetooth pairing list on the SoundWear Companion Speaker. I have included the LINK HERE to assist you. Once completed, delete the pairing on your source devices. Then pair again like a new connection. 

Let me know how you get on!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

8 REPLIES 8
Friendly Fanatic

Ok so I just did the test with the old tablet and the problem is not present on that device...!?

Friendly Fanatic

I've been playing around with the bluetooth settings a bit. It seems like the problem exists when the soundwear is linked with 2 bluetooth sources (like a smartphone and a tablet) and one of those sources is not present. I removed my smartphone from the sources using Bose Connect and now the problem seems to be gone...

Friendly Fanatic

Apparently the problem is still present...

Hi MarcV, 

Thank you for your posts and welcome to the Community! 

Thank you for all the detail you have provided. It is most helpful!

I would recommend clearing the Bluetooth pairing list on the SoundWear Companion Speaker. I have included the LINK HERE to assist you. Once completed, delete the pairing on your source devices. Then pair again like a new connection. 

Let me know how you get on!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

Friendly Fanatic

Thanks, that seems to have done the trick! Is there anything one should NOT do to avoid the problem in the future?

Hi MarcV, 

Thanks for posting and updating us! I am glad to hear that your issue is now resolved. 

There isn't anything that you can avoid doing, sometimes the connection just needs to be reestablished. 

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to reach back out to the community! 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B  

Friendly Fanatic

Well... it did the trick but it comes back easily. I had both the tablet and smartphone connected and the clicks were there again. So I did the trick again and now it's fixed again. I will now only keep the tablet connected as this is the device with witch I normally use the soundwear. I hope it will remain clickfree now... Smiley Happy

Hi MarcV, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this! 

I am glad to hear that the issue is now resolved 😊 If this issue returns or you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach back out to the community. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B