Danthedog
Participant
Registered since

Jun 5, 2021

151 wb wireless setup?

I have a pair of 151 WB environmental speakers. Basically, wired outdoor speakers. I'm running an older Sony power amp, maybe 25 or so years old. 

Is there a kit or Bose recommendation to make these wireless? I cannot get wires from the amp to where the speakers need to be. I do have AC power outside if needed.

Bose product name

151 WB environmental speakers 

Country

USA 

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what 

Sony power amp

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Looking for suggestions. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: 151 wb wireless setup?

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Bose don't have anything for that.

You will find third party options by searching for "Wireless speaker transmitter/receiver".  I don't think you'll find any known brands, they will manly be no-name or accessory brands.

Essentially you still use the Amp you have at the moment, and plug the transmitter into the Left/right output on the Amp.  You then attach the receivers to the speakers (and power).  The only issue you might have will be needing adapters to convert the receiver output (most likely RCA) into the normal speaker wires for the 151s

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Bose don't have anything for that.

You will find third party options by searching for "Wireless speaker transmitter/receiver".  I don't think you'll find any known brands, they will manly be no-name or accessory brands.

Essentially you still use the Amp you have at the moment, and plug the transmitter into the Left/right output on the Amp.  You then attach the receivers to the speakers (and power).  The only issue you might have will be needing adapters to convert the receiver output (most likely RCA) into the normal speaker wires for the 151s

View solution in original post

Danthedog
Participant
Registered since

Jun 5, 2021

That's what I suspected. Thanks