OscarMEP
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 2, 2020

301 V Series impedance A/V

Hi all.
I want to connect my 301 to a Sansui A80 amplifier that has an output for 8 ohms.
The techinical data available for the 301 is that the impendance is from 4 to 8... that´s new for me... it´s variates?
Does someone has this setup?
best,

Oscar
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: 301 V Series impedance A/V

Hi OscarMEP,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I would be happy to help clarify this for you.

You are correct the 301 V speakers are compatible with an impedance of 4-8 ohms. What this means, is they can be connected to an amplifier with an output between 4-8 ohms.

I have had a look into the amplifier you are looking to connect them to, and as it is 65 watts per channel and 8 ohms, this should be fine to use with the speakers.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
OscarMEP
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 2, 2020

Thank you very much for your answer Keith.

So, it´s compatible but...which is the 301 impedance?

I read somewhere that the 301 have 6 ohms and the specifications of the A-80 in the mentioned website says "Speaker load impedance: 8Ω (minimum)".
Are you sure that I can use this setup without any problem?

Thanks in advance,

Oscar

Highlighted
OscarMEP
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 2, 2020

no reply?

Highlighted

Hi Oscar,

Apologies for the delayed response. This set up will be absolutely fine. So the speakers can accept anywhere between 4-8 ohms. The receiver output 8 ohms as a minimum but the speakers are compatible to handle this. 

I hope this clears things up. If you have any further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.