Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ngomolak
Participant
Registered since

Jul 5, 2021

901 Series IV Repair

I have a pair of Bose 901 Series IV speakers that I purchased in 1980.  I have not used them in about 15 years.  I hooked them up over the July 4th weekend and had faint reception of the radio station and lots of static.  I thinking the internal seals may need to be replaced due to dry rot.  Is that even possible at this point and if so, how can I obtain the parts and what is the approximate cost.  The serial number on the bottom of the speaker is only 6 digits so it would not recognize the serial number. 

Bose Product Name:  901 Series IV speakers

Country USA

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on:  Sansui G7700 120 watts/channel receiver. 

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce:  Lots of static

What environment do you experience the issue in? Heme office

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?  As stated above, I hadn't used the speakers in about 15 years. 

Any troubleshooting steps you took:  None as I'm not exactly sure what to do.

1 REPLY 1
Sam_F

Re: 901 Series IV Repair

Hey @ngomolak,

Thank you for visiting the Bose Community. I hope you had a great 4th of July weekend!

As your system was in storage for a while, you may notice a couple of differences when first plugging the system into power for the first time again. Be sure all cabling is securely connected and nothing seems to be loose or damaged.

If you continue to notice an issue, you can reach out to support in your region to look into things further. Although it's not guaranteed given the age of your system, we will see if we have the parts available to send, or if we can service your system if needed. There are alternative options in place to resolve your difficulties.

To do this, go to Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'. Do let us know how you get on, or if you have any other queries!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!