Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 6, 2020

901 Spkr series VI static sound

I have 901 speakers series VI, one speaker is making a cracking / static sound 

Suggestions for repair? Or replace?

I live in Atlanta,GA. if service is recommended.

Thanks

Fred 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: 901 Spkr series VI static sound

Hey Fred, thanks for your message and welcome to the Bose Community forums.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties with your 901 VI speakers, but happy to provide some thoughts.

There are certainly some troubleshooting steps that we would recommend in these situations. Have you attempted any prior to reaching out to the Community? Many steps will revolve around double-checking the wiring and cable connections between the system components. Have you tested swapping left and right speakers round to trace the issue back to the speaker driver itself, vs the connections being used? Additionally, have you checked the condition of the speaker wires? Double-check they're securely connected at both ends and do not have any visible damage. 

I would also make sure that the 901 Equalizer is correctly connected to the receiver. I've included the owner's manual here for reference should this be of any additional help.

Outside of this, the 901 VI speakers can be repaired. As you're in the USA, please contact us on 1 (800) 379-2073 and we'll be able to help.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.