kmh
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2021

901 series VI connecting 2 receivers

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Country

My equalizer is being repaired. When it returns, I will be using it to connect two receivers. The reply that I receive will determine how I connect the equalizer. Receiver A has other speakers and accessories. I will use the amplifier side of the equalizer. I plan (unless corrected here) to connect the pre amp out on Rec. A to the tape out input on the equalizer. Output on the equalizer to line in on receiver B which will be used to power the 901s. Once this is wired correctly, will I want the equalizer monitor button in or out? Thank you in advance for ensuring that I get my connections right.

2 REPLIES 2
Keith_L

Re: 901 series VI connecting 2 receivers

Hi kmh,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for posting!

From how you re describing your setup, I would use the amplifier connections on the EQ rather than the tape monitor connections, as you will be using it between your receivers. The section in THIS setup guide under Using a preamplifier and power amplifier is likely the closest to how you will be setting up your system.

With your receiver connected to the pre-amp input, you will need to have the monitor button on the 901 active equalizer out at all times.

Let me know how you get one with your set up once you get the EQ back!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
kmh
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2021

Re: 901 series VI connecting 2 receivers

will do, thank you