Highlighted
grg
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Acoustimass 20

Can I connect the Acoustimass 20 with four Jewel box speakers to any music center?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
grg
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Re: Acoustimass 20

Author Accepted Answer selected by grg

Hi Jessie_O

Many thanks for the feedback. I think you are right. In the new year I will visit a local dealer and check out the Lifestyle options I have. 
Happy New Year 

grg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hey grg, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I would love to answer any questions you may have about the Acoustimass 20. 

The system is compatible with pretty much ever Lifestyle system that we have. If you have a specific Lifestyle system that you are looking to connect to our system, then please do let us know and I would be more than happy to confirm this for you. 

I hope this helps and I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B - Community Support

grg
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Hi Hector B

many thanks for your response .

probably you have understood I am new to Bose.

In the last few daysI have moved into a new house and I have discovered two rooms are pre wired with four Jewel box speakers in one room and another room with two . Each room had an Acoustimass 20hidden in a cupboard .

Because of the holidays I was thinking if I could connect in one room the speaker system with my small Sony music centre which I have and later to look around for the Bose Lifestyle systems available in Greece.

Also since Acoustimass 20 is about 20 years old and I am in no position to judge whether to scrap them or invest to complement with appropriate new Life style equipment ..

Your advise will be greatly appreciated.

Merry Xmass

grg

Hi Grg, 

Thank you for coming back to us! 

We can certainly see if your Sony system is compatible. Do you have a model number so I can look this up for you? 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

grg
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Hi Jessie O

The Sony system model is MHC-EX50

Thanks for your help

grg

Hi Grg, 

Thank you for coming back to me! 

I've had a good look at this system and what it looks like is that it is part of a multiroom set up using a BoseLink connection. This would mean that it would only work with our Lifestyle systems and not your Sony. 

I hope this helps! Let me know if there is anything else we can do! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

grg
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by grg

Hi Jessie_O

Many thanks for the feedback. I think you are right. In the new year I will visit a local dealer and check out the Lifestyle options I have. 
Happy New Year 

grg

View solution in original post