BOSE MM-1 SPEAKERS PROBLEM

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

BOSE MM-1 SPEAKERS PROBLEM

BOSE MM-1 SPEAKERS - POWER SUPPLY IS SPS-5 WHICH IS 110V - I NEED A 240V SUPPLY & DETAILS ON ADAPTOR PLUG IF POSSIBLE PLEASE - ANYONE ABLE TO HELP?

Any assistance much appreciated - it appears to be an odd plug size.

Adapter is a 2 amp unit

8 REPLIES

Re: BOSE MM-1 SPEAKERS PROBLEM

Hello BHOSE! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

The MM-1 was a Japan-only variant of the Media Mate computer speakers sold here in the US. We do not have a 220V power supply available. You could get a step up/down transformer to get to the correct voltage. Those are available online. 

Good Luck! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Thanks for your reply - Would you know the spec on the adaptor plug? I know it is 5mm diameter but it has a pin in the centre too - Is this plug used on any other Bose 12v equipment do you know?

Regards
Ian

Hello Ian,

Do you have the original plug or are you trying to replace it? If you are trying to replace it, I am afraid we no longer have any of those available and I do not have the original specification. If you have the plug, then to convert for use with 220V system you would need the step transformer. 

Best Regards,

Greg

Quiet Contributor

Hi - I do have it, but its burnt out. I could just snip off the lead and frankenstein it onto a uk 2amp transformer. I'd prefer to buy another transformer, but cannot identify the plug. It sounds as if this type of 12v connection (forgetting the other end) is unique to this speaker - Bose don't use this type of power adaptor on any other Bose product?

Regards

Hello Ian,

The part number associated with that power adapter is no longer available. This is usually an indication that if it was used in other products, they are no longer available as well. You might have some luck finding one online. I am sorry I am not able to offer you more helpful information.

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Thats fine Greg -thanks for your input

Maybe someone else on the forum knows what size the plug is or what other Bose models use the same size adaptor?? - I only need the dimensions, I can order it elsewhere

Hello BHOSE,

I was able to locate an obscure source and though I was not able to find the precise model of power adapter for the Japan variant, the model number for the US version was "PS71". The power specification is slightly different for each - 12vAC @1.2A (Japan) and 12vAC@1.6A (US). Hope that helps! 

Best Regards,

Greg

Quiet Contributor

Hello,

Thanks - However the problem is not in identifying a charger - I have several laying about that will fill the output function, its all about the plug, the part that is on the end of the power pack that plugs into the speaker. I need to know its description ie 5mm with 2mm pin for instance.