Highlighted
Sareheadies
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 11, 2020

Bosé 500 speaker. Time display

I bought a Bose 500 speaker in the US and have it here in Spain.  How do you change the clock display to show the correct time?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Bosé 500 speaker. Time display

Hey Sareheadies, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! Sorry to hear this, I would love to assist you with this. 

The Home Speaker 500 takes the time from the device that is running the Bose Music app! If the time on the device and the speaker are different please open the Bose Music app then go to settings > Clock and toggle this on and off.

Once you have done this please perform a reset on the speaker via turning off your product and disconnect the power cord for 30 seconds.

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Sareheadies
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 11, 2020

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.  I’ve done what you said but the clock is still an hour behind?

Hi Sareheadies,

Thank you for trying that and letting us know the results. I'm sorry to hear it is still not showing the correct time.

As @Hector_B mentioned above, the speaker should be getting the time from the last device to connect to it via the Bose Music app. Is the time on your device the same as that on the speaker? Or does your device show the correct time?

If the times on the speaker and the device running the app are not the same, I would recommend getting in touch with your local support team in Spain, as they will be able to help you resolve this issue. You can find the contact information at this link.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Sareheadies
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 11, 2020

Hi, thanks for your reply.  Both my iPad and iPhone show the correct time, it just doesn’t seem to want to match up on the speaker! It’s still an hour behind.

Hi Sareheadies,

Thank you for the update.

As the time on the speaker does not match that shown on your iPad and iPhone, and the troubleshooting has not been successful this time, I would recommend getting in touch with your local support team. They will be able to help you resolve this issue. You can find the contact information for the support team for Spain at this link.

Let me know how you get on with them.

Kind Regards,

Keith L