djspenser
Participant
Registered since

Feb 16, 2021

Bose 161 Speaker Bracket Question

I have some Bose 161 speakers that have been off the wall for some time.  There was an issue with the mounting bracket with one of the speakers so I took them down.  I want to use them, but I discovered that I needed to get some new brackets.  I ordered them and received them from Bose, but I need the screws.  I contacted Bose but they don't sell the screw sets separately.  Does anyone know what types of screws are needed, and their sizes.  There are 5 screws associated with each bracket/speaker.  There are 2 to mount the bracket to the wall.  There are 2 to mount the bracket to the speaker.  And there is 1 to lock the speaker to the bracket.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L

Re: Bose 161 Speaker Bracket Question

Author Accepted Answer selected by djspenser

Hi djspencer,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for joining us!

There are a few different sizes of screws for the 161 wall bracket. To connect the speaker to the bracket you need ¼"-20x¾ screws, and to connect the two parts of the bracket together you need a #8-32x1" screw. Your local support team may have these screws available to order, if you ask for the "Hardware Kit - Brackets to Speakers" they should be able to find this for you. If you are in the US the part number for it is 314555-001, but this may be different in other regions. The image below shows where each of these goes on the bracket as well.

161 screws.jpg

For the screws that mount the bracket to the wall, this will depend on the type of wall you are connecting them to. I've added screenshots below that show how best to connect to different types of walls and which screw is needed when you do!

161 wallboard.JPG161 masonry.JPG161 wood.JPG

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Keith_L

Author Accepted Answer selected by djspenser

Hi djspencer,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for joining us!

There are a few different sizes of screws for the 161 wall bracket. To connect the speaker to the bracket you need ¼"-20x¾ screws, and to connect the two parts of the bracket together you need a #8-32x1" screw. Your local support team may have these screws available to order, if you ask for the "Hardware Kit - Brackets to Speakers" they should be able to find this for you. If you are in the US the part number for it is 314555-001, but this may be different in other regions. The image below shows where each of these goes on the bracket as well.

161 screws.jpg

For the screws that mount the bracket to the wall, this will depend on the type of wall you are connecting them to. I've added screenshots below that show how best to connect to different types of walls and which screw is needed when you do!

161 wallboard.JPG161 masonry.JPG161 wood.JPG

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

djspenser
Participant
Registered since

Feb 16, 2021

Thank you Keith.  That is exactly the information I needed.  I really appreciate it.