Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 16, 2020

Bose 251 / Replacement grill

Hi there 

I’m hoping I can get some assistance 

the grills on my 251 speakers have become rusted 

does anyone know if and how these can be replaced?

many thanks 

john

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Bose 251 / Replacement grill

Hey John, 

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome! 

I'd be more than happy to help you with your query! Most spare parts are available to purchase over the phone. To get in contact with our team, click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. We will be more than happy to help! 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 16, 2020

Hi there 

I’m based in Ireland 

when I call through to your local 1800 support no I get onto a UK support line but no one is answering?

Your Irish website does not have a service and repairs option and while there is one on your Uk site only allows me enter an UK address ?

so I’m in bind🤔

can you help please?

many thanks 

john

Highlighted

With regret, we are unable to assist with sales/aftersales via the Community, John. 

There may be potentially long wait times on the phones at times but the support staff will assist you as soon as they can. The lines open from 9:00AM.

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 16, 2020

Hi Jeff

i appreciate the lines can be busy but I’ve called two days running on two different numbers, with no success.

On the local 1800 no provided it the goes straight through to the U.K. where I just get silence when option 3 is selected.  

The direct 0044 U.K. “professional “ number keeps saying that you regret the delay and please bear with us - I gave up after 30 mins😟

can you explain why there is only a service and repair option on the uk site and not on your Irish BOSE.ie site? If this was available I expect I wouldn’t be having these issues

look forward to hearing from you and would appreciate if you could feed this back to whoever is responsible for your service offering 

many thanks

john

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 16, 2020

Hi Jeff

I got through to the support team. Grace and Dave were able to get me sorted with the replacement grills coming to me in the next week or so.  They were very  pleasant and efficient to deal with so please pass on my appreciation.

all I have to do now is figure out how to remove the old ones and put the new ones on - but that’s next weeks challenge 

thanks again for your assistance and have a good weekend 

best wishes 

john

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 6, 2017

The grills will come off by carefully inserting a thin flat screwdriver to the sides of the grill and slowly working it loose, upwards until it pops off.