Highlighted
clspam1
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 25, 2019

Bose 701 Series 2

I have a set of 701 series II speakers and I'm missing the cord that links the left speaker to the right speaker.  Does anyone know where I can find the umbilical cord or the Bose AC7 adapter kit so I can use these things and they aren't just giant paper weights?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Bose 701 Series 2

Hello clspam1,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community.

The good news is, spare parts for all of our products can be purchased directly from us by contacting your local technical support team. The contact information can be found here by selecting your country and then 'Contact Us'.

I hope this helps.

Keith 

lightning_dave
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 19, 2019

@clspam1 wrote:

I have a set of 701 series II speakers and I'm missing the cord that links the left speaker to the right speaker.  Does anyone know where I can find the umbilical cord or the Bose AC7 adapter kit so I can use these things and they aren't just giant paper weights?

clspam 1, did you have any luck getting the cables or adapter kit? I recently called and they said they do not have them and did not show any adapter kit available. They also said they did not know when they will be receiving anymore interconnect cables. Any help out there to get these speakers hooked up??? 

kilmo
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

I have happened across this thread becaue I am nw lookig for the same options for connecting my 701 speakers.  I've been on the phone with Bose tech reps from the USA to the Phillipines and apparently they can not help - don't have the interconnect cable or ac7 adapters and aren't expecting any new ones to be made...ever.

So, I am going to persue a possibility of using a 4 pin Phoenix connector if I can find one with the right spacing between pins.  I can't find it right now, but I did read about it first here in another thread on this Boce community site.

kilmo
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Sorry about typo - On this Bose Community site there is another thread somewhere discussing a person needing more length for his interconnect cable.  That is where I thought I saw the response/sugestion to try the 4 pin Phoenix connectors.  But it was not, that thread discussed using the AC7 adapter, which can not be found by anyone apparently.

The suggestion to use Phoenix connectors came from a google search.  If you search for 4 pin Phoenix connectors on E-Bay you will find a few options, and they are very inexpensive.  I'm going to order a few pair in different widths between pins and see if I can make them work.

KevAudio
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

I can't find the cables or adapters anywhere either. But, is there a way to take the 4-pin connectors off and replace it with another type of connector--one that isn't impossible to find? 

Hi KevAudio, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are in need of some replacement cables. 

If you reach out to your local Bose product support team, an agent will be more than happy to assist you with this. Please follow this link, select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information. 

I hope this helps. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M 

Fink12
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 14, 2019

Bose 701 series II 

Did you ever find a replacement cord???

greenleaf
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 26, 2019

I'm in the same boat looking for this cable.  Have also considered the phoenix connectors and spent a lot of time scouring ebay etc.

The Bose reps in here telling us to just to contact Bose feels very dismissive.  Multiple people in this thread have contacted Bose and they are unable to help.  To add my own story, I talked to a rep on the phone who said they could order the cable for me no problem.  Went through the order process, charged my CC etc.  I waited a month before calling back and being told the cable doesn't exist and they have no idea why the prior rep said they'd ordered me one, fortunately charges were reversed.

These speakers are quite high end and not that old, sad to see them without support.  Especially considering this is yet another example of Bose's unnecessary reliance on proprietary form factors to sell overpriced accessories that they don't even bother to keep in stock.  If these just had normal speaker terminals like every other speaker in the world, this wouldn't be an issue....