Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

Bose 901 Series II into McIntosh C32 pre-amp, McIntosh MI3 and McIntosh MC7300 amp

Hi, yes, I did search this forum extensively before posting. 

I bought ny holy grail speakers, some Series II 901s CONTINENTALS with Saarinen like stand..

I have some vintage McIntosh components. Most are straight forward. I ran my 901s through the combined pre-amp/amp MA6100 without problem for some time. 

Then I upgraded to the C32. So many choices and options, including a line out (full strength?

Back to I chose tape 3, and now I have to use the receive selection instead of the listen selection. 

Im not sure this is right. Not to mention the MI3 (oscilloscope) and where it should come in on the line. 

I could just go:

C32 pre-amp out 

to

Bose active EQ

to

MI3

to

MC7300

but, by not looping back through the preamp, I don't have control over the sound with all the C32s features, (5 band EQ, expander, loudness, etc)

Help?

Robert

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Bose 901 Series II into McIntosh C32 pre-amp, McIntosh MI3 and McIntosh MC7300 amp

Hi Robert, 

Thanks for reaching out to us! I'll be more than happy to help where I can. 

Firstly, can you let me know how you wish to use the system? This will help determine how you set up the system. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!