dbiz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 27, 2020

Bose 901 Series II

Bose 901 speakers are new to me. My neighbor gave me a set with an old stereo system he no longer wanted. My roommates and I tried to get the stereo to work but it was toast, or so we thought, could be we just had no idea how to set it up. I kept the Bose 901 Series II and the Harman Kardon Citation 16 Series A Power Amp for future exploration. I have no idea where to begin.  So, I have a Kenwood KR-V5570 receiver, the 901 Series II Speakers and the HKC Power Amp. Can I do anything without the equalizer? If not, is there a newer model equalizer that can be used or do I need to buy the 901 Series II equalizer specifically? Lastly, how do I set it all up? Thank you in advance for any and all help. I feel like I should know how to do all of this, but by the time I had my first stereo (1988ish) it was all plug and play, 3 pieces (receiver, and two speakers with rca Jack's. -Biz

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Bose 901 Series II

Hello dbiz,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I would be happy to help get your speakers up and running.

The equalizer for the 901 speakers is an integral part of the system. You would want to use one to allow for the proper performance and sound from the speakers. However, you may be able to get the speakers working without this, but it would not provide the best performance from them.

We do still have copies of the owners guide for the 901 Series III speakers on our website, that I would encourage you to have a look through, that way you can make sure that you have them set up correctly with your receiver and amplifier. 

I would also like to invite the community to join this discussion and let us know if any of you have had experience using the 901 speakers with similar receivers and amplifiers.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.