Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2020

Bose 901 Series VI MK II

I am wondering if there are specifications for the Bose 901 Series VI MK II speakers? I have searched and not been able to find the details. I'm looking for information about when these were made, what materials were used (I did read these were made with titanium cones), their frequency response, power handling, eq specs, etc. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bose 901 Series VI MK II

Hey @GTP,

The Bose 901 Series VI v2 are manufactured within the USA. The 901 VI v2 component has a compatibility rating of 10-450 W per channel, 8 ohms. The 901 VI v2 Equalizer has a power rating of 120 V, 60 Hz. The Max Power Consumption for the equalizer is 2.5 W. O hope this helps!

Please let me know if there is anything else I could help you with.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2020

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I was also curious about what the speakers were made of (they are silver in color not the normal blue), and were the vi mk ii sort of the series vii ? Also, are the performance specs the same as the regular series vi?

Thanks,

Highlighted

No worries GTP!

I haven't been able to find what the speakers themselves are made of in the technical specs we have available for these speakers so I wouldn't be able to say for certain. I'm going to have a dig a bit further and see if I can find this but I may not be able to. 

The main difference between the original 901 VI and the Mk II is in the equalizer. Changes were made to the design to make it compliant with new EU directives at the time for energy-using products. There weren't any performance changes involved which is why it was named as a MK II rather than a series VII. 

I hope this helps.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!