Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ljingraffia
Participant
Registered since

Dec 27, 2020

Bose 901 Series VI with Sony Receiver & Sony Turntable

Greetings Bose community,

First-time poster, long-time fan of Bose.

Alright so, my dad gave me the following equipment:

Bose 901 Series VI speakers & 901 Series VI equalizer

Sony STR-V55 AM-FM/Stereo Receiver

Sony PS-LX2 Auto Stereo Turntable

My question is, when connecting the equalizer and receiver, do I connect from the "Amplifier" connection or the "Tape Recorder" connection? The Sony receiver has RCA hookups and Tape Recorder has "Tape 1 & Rec Out 1" and "Tape 2 & Rec Out 2." I also have his old tape player, but this setup will be strictly limited to vinyls.

Cheers!

2 REPLIES 2
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Bose 901 Series VI with Sony Receiver & Sony Turntable

Hi ljingraffia,

Thanks for posting and joining us in the Community! Welcome!

When setting up the EQ for your speakers you'll want to use the tape connections on the receiver. You are able to use either of the tape monitor options, both Tape 1 and Tape 2 will be able to support the EQ. You can see a visual guide on how to set up the EQ with a few receiver configurations HERE, I'm sure you'll find it helpful!

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
ljingraffia
Participant
Registered since

Dec 27, 2020

Re: Bose 901 Series VI with Sony Receiver & Sony Turntable

Thank you, Keith!

I’ve followed your instructions. I’ve tired both the recorder option and the jumpers when connecting the EQ, and I’ve got no sound! 😞 The Sony receiver was hooked up to my cousin’s Bose speakers (a 2000 or later model) and played without any problems. What should I do? They played fine with the old Denon DRA-635R receiver I had, but the volume dial on that receiver didn’t work for volume 8-30–so you could only listen to quieter or very loud volume.