Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 8, 2020

Bose 901 Setup Help

Hi there!

My grandfather gave me some Bose 901 Series II that he bought in 1973 (still have the original receipt!)

I want to make sure I am setting it up properly. I've used them for a few years without the Equalizer because I could never figure out how to set it up properly. 

I'm currently using a Yamaha RX-V659 receiver.

I was also advised to get a power amp, so I got a Pyle PCA2, but not sure where that should fit in. 

I have an Audio Technica LP120 that I'm trying to get working properly. 

I'm clearly in over my head so just looking for some advice on how to set these up properly.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Bose 901 Setup Help

Hi diggitydave,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! I hope you are enjoying your 901s!

The best place to start when looking for the best way to set these up will be with the owner's guide. You can find this on our website HERE along with some information on compatible amplifiers and receivers.

The owner's guide will show you the best way to set up the Equalizer with the receiver as well, you will want to use it with the speakers to get the best possible sound from them.

Let me know if you have any further questions about getting your speakers set up!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 9, 2019

Re: Bose 901 Setup Help

Diggetydave, 

Err, you might want to pull off the speaker grilles and see if the foam driver surrounds are still intact and not rotted away.  Sorry to have to suggest this to you.