ggadwa
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 13, 2019

Re: Bose 901 compatible receivers

Jessie,

I'm not at home right now but pretty sure they are Series IV or V.

Will be back home tomorrow and then can determine precisely.

I found that the YAMAHA R-S700 Receiver has the Pre Out Main In Jacks...now if I could just find one I think I'd buy it.

My OLD Marantz died completely and the Sony Reciever I now have does not have the needed Jacks.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Gary

Hello Gary, 

Thanks for letting us know. 

Both the 901 IV and 901 V speakers have the same specifications. You just need to make sure that the receiver is compatible with 10-250 W per channel, 8 ohms. 

We cannot make direct recommendations of receivers as we do not produce them. However, I do invite other Community members to put forward their suggestions.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

ggadwa
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 13, 2019

Thanks for your reply. I was just looking specifically for which receivers might have Preamp In and Main Out Jacks so that Bose 901's with the integral Equalizer could be properly connected to a Receiver. In recent years finding such a receiver has become quite difficult.

Sincerely,

GARY GADWA

ggadwa
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 13, 2019

I finally contacted Bose Technical Support and they sent me two lists of Stereo Receivers and Audio Amplifiers that are only current through 2014 and they indicated they do not and will not have a list that is  more current. So it looks like I will not be getting any Home Theater/ Audio Video Receivers. I am currently using an older SONY STR-D2090 that has a Tape Monitor / Tape 2 Circuit.

All is good and the AUDIO is 901 Series V Direct Reflecting  sound system AWESOME...just not with a Home Theater system.

Gary

mgood
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

yes the analog switch seems to work fine with my CD player and with a little BlueTooth receiver that I use to stream Pandora off my iPhone.

Good luck with saving your 901's

Bmhupp
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

How did you hook up with the Bluetooth and CD player?

bbose1962
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

I think I found a receiver to work.

Outlaw RR2160

https://www.outlawaudio.com/products/rr2160.html

Let me know what you all think.

ggadwa
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 13, 2019

Yes..it would be awesome...I have to see if I can find one for less $$$$

Thanks

Gary

John K.
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

I am intrigued as to which receivers work with Bose 901 Series V speakers.  I worked at Bose as an Industrial Engineer back in 1985 to 1987 in Framingham and bought my 901's during this time.  My current receiver's radio doesn't work and believe that my only option is to find someone to fix it or opt for the preamp, amp, tuner route.  

I understand the customer service rep saying that since Bose doesn't make the receiver they can't divulge recommendations.  I would hope that they would take care of a former engineer via personal email that was a part of the manufacturing process of all Bose speakers during that timeframe.  Thanks, John.

Highlighted
Santa01
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

I am using a Pioneer SX 950. She sounds great BUT, I think I am going to bypass the amp in the receiver and add a amp that has more wattage.