mgood
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

Re: Bose 901 compatible receivers

Great to hear that Larry. I hope you enjoy your Bose 901's for a long time.

jay140261
Contributor
Registered since

May 22, 2021

Hi,

Saw your solution which is one option. I have just ordered a Marantz SR 6015 which does have a Pre Out for all speaker options and two subwoofers. It also has a 7.1 Channel IN. So if I take my Bose equaliser through this, taking the pre out to the Bose Amp and the Bose amp out to the Front 7.1 Ch In, should it not work in principle? I will of course try this out once it comes but thought of checking before the AVR arrives. If that doe not then a manual switch option is my second option. If I were to also buy the Model 30 would then taking the Bose Amp out to the Model 30 also work. The AVR would then work as a Pre Amp in principle? Just theoretically asking as it is US$ 20 versus US$ 2500 for the additional Model 30. 🙂Marantz SR 6015.png

jay140261
Contributor
Registered since

May 22, 2021

Hi Mike,

I seem to have made a mistake in ordering the SR 6015 assuming that the 7.1 Ch "in" indicated main in which is not the case. I understand your solution using it to drive CD inputs for instance and with a switch maybe more sources. But will my TV's HDMI output source or any other HDMI source play via the Receiver into the Bose 901's?

I have posted a query right at the end of this thread with a picture of the SR6015 rear. I do have a Subwoofer and other surround speakers but had found that the 901s were quite sufficient. So if I cannot use the other speakers I would still be able to live with that. Eventually I may think of two Amps one only for the Bose 901's and another for a proper Surround system.

A bit confused as to what my best options are considering that I do want to use the 901's. Seems it may be easy to change the speakers and go the whole yard with the Receiver, excluding the 901's with only legacy options available. Being in India it is not easy to get a good working amp with Tape Monitor circuitry. Looking forward to you and others to dwell on this.

DollarBill_13
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2021

I copied this from a thread that helped me with some information. It was from deercreekaudio.

Here is another possible three ways you can connect either your BOSE 901 Equalizer or a Deer Creek Audio EQ901B to your Audio Video Receiver (AVR)

Plan A)   EQ901B Set Up using Zone 2 Loop

This example is for the VSX-90, however the same principles apply to your AVR.

1) Connect Zone 2 Pre Out to the EQ901 input.

2) Connect the EQ901 output to an unused analog input such as SAT/CBL

3) Select the Zone 2 source as Analog CD, or whatever your input source is.

4) Select the Zone 1 source as SAT/CBL

The EQ'd signal will now play thru the front speaker outputs in Stereo Mode Zone 1

DollarBill_13_0-1623822604420.png

Plan B)   Adding a separate power amplifier and use the Zone 2 Pre Out to drive it

1) Select the Zone 2 source as Analog CD, or whatever your input source is.

The EQ'd signal will now play thru the front speaker outputs in Stereo Mode Zone 2

DollarBill_13_1-1623822604410.jpeg

Plan C)   Setting up the EQ901B with only one source

1) If for example your only source is a CD player. Connect the EQ901B in between the CD and AVR. This may require the 2V input mode on the EQ901B

The EQ'd signal will now play only when CD is selected as the input on the VCR

DollarBill_13_2-1623822604417.png

Elliottd62
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2021

Re: Bose 901 with any receiver

Thanks so much… Finally my Bose EQ is functional with my Denon integrated amp. BUT… probably user error on my end… my volume on the Denon used to be at 10:00 for a good listenable volume, NOW it’s at 2:00. Is that an OHM-age thing with regard to my hookups? Weird how the volume dropped so dramatically. Thoughts?