Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2020

Bose 901 series II and VI in the same system

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a pair of 901 series VI to go with my current hi fi system which uses a set of Series II. Is it possible to connect these 4 speakers to the same system as they both require their own equaliser? My amp allows for A+B speakers so connecting the 4 speakers isn’t an issue but how would I connect the 2 equalisers? Any advice appreciated. 
Thanks 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bose 901 series II and VI in the same system

Hey RichieWex, 

Let's see what we can do. 

901 II is compatible with receivers rated 10-270 W per channel, 8 ohms, and the 901 VI v1 with receivers rated 10-450 W per channel, 8 ohms As mentioned in the manual here on page 10: If you are using a surround sound receiver that has a section on the back marked PRE AMP OUT/MAIN AMP IN. The jacks may be labeled ADAPTER or SIGNAL PROCESSOR. Note: If your receiver does not have this PRE AMP OUT/MAIN AMP IN section, the 901 speakers will not be usable in your home theater system.

Have you attempted set up at all?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!