Participant
Registered since

Dec 29, 2020

Bose Acoustimass 6 series

Hello,

I began to be curious about connecting Bose Studiocraft 300ST to Bose Acoustimass 6 series II through Yamaha AX500.

Is it possible?

I try to do this, but when I connecting 300ST to Sub, suddenly efficiency of sub going down, and it almoust is not audible...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose Acoustimass 6 series

Author Accepted Answer selected by dugijohn

Thanks for confirming that for us dugijohn.

As the Acoustimass 6 is not designed to work with the Studiocraft speakers, we would not be able to guarantee how well they will work when connected together. It would probably be best to have your Studiocraft speakers connected directly to your receiver as you had them before.

The Studiocrafts are full-range speakers so don't need a sub, but if you did want to use a sub with them, you would need a sub that can connect directly to the receiver, and does not need the speakers to be connected through the sub. We don't have standalone subs that can be used in this way, however, so I would not be able to recommend one. If anyone in the Community has had experience with 3rd party subwoofers that would work in this setup, please let us know your recommendations!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hey @dugijohn, welcome to the Bose Community! 

In order to better understand your setup, could you please let me know how you have everything connected? Do you have the Studiocraft 300ST connected to the Acoustimass module or directly to the receiver/amplifier? 

Have the speakers previously been working and what did you have them connected to?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Dec 29, 2020

IMG-9194.jpg

It is looking like on the photo. (all cables and connections checked,  full copper 2.5mm2)

Signal going from the amplifier Yamaha AX500 direct to sub input L/R---> then signal going from Acoustimass output L/R to the Studiocraft 300ST.

Previously I had those speakers (they are in good condition) connected directly to the Yamaha AX500 amp.

But i I thought it would be good to add a Bose passive woofer to them.

Author Accepted Answer selected by dugijohn

Thanks for confirming that for us dugijohn.

As the Acoustimass 6 is not designed to work with the Studiocraft speakers, we would not be able to guarantee how well they will work when connected together. It would probably be best to have your Studiocraft speakers connected directly to your receiver as you had them before.

The Studiocrafts are full-range speakers so don't need a sub, but if you did want to use a sub with them, you would need a sub that can connect directly to the receiver, and does not need the speakers to be connected through the sub. We don't have standalone subs that can be used in this way, however, so I would not be able to recommend one. If anyone in the Community has had experience with 3rd party subwoofers that would work in this setup, please let us know your recommendations!

View solution in original post

Participant
Registered since

Dec 29, 2020

Thank you so much for attention! Now I am sure what is wrong with my idea!