anantha_p_iyer@yahoo.com
Participant
Registered since

Oct 10, 2019

Bose Companion 2 Series III - Audio extension cable - Product Code

There was a Solved response by Brent on the availability of special extension cable for the Companion 2 Series III speakers. When I contacted the India Bose Support team, they responded that they are not aware of this extension cable. Can you please provide with the Bose Product Code details so that I can get this for my speaker? 

https://community.bose.com/t5/Home-Theater-Speakers-Archive/Bose-Companion-2-Series-III-Audio-extens...

Regards

Anantha

9 REPLIES 9
Jeff_G

Re: Bose Companion 2 Series III - Audio extension cable - Product Code

Hello Anantha, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site! 

I'm sorry to hear you have had difficulties obtaining the extension cable for the Companion 2 III. 

The official name for the part is: "Left Speaker Extension Cable" and the part number is: 364138-001S.

Please be aware that parts may not be available in all regions.

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions, please do feel free to get back in touch. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
anantha_p_iyer@yahoo.com
Participant
Registered since

Oct 10, 2019

Thanks Jeff

This product was purchased in India. The BOSE service centre in India have confirmed that they do not support this product code

Can I get this cable shipped to a friend's address in the USA or in Europe or in China? 

Regards

Anantha Iyer

[ Edited by moderator ] 

Hector_B

Hi anantha_p_iyer, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! 

I am deeply sorry to hear that you was unable to get this part from Bose India. You will be able to get this shipped to a friends address, please get them to contact support in their region to purchase this part and they can send this to you. 

If you have any further questions regarding this then please do let me know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
alexa_
Participant
Registered since

May 3, 2020

I also need the left speaker extension cable. I live in Germany, Munich. How should I proceed to have one?

Thank you!

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi alexa_

To get hold of one of these cables in Germany, you will want to reach out to your local support team HERE. They will be able to help you order one of these cables.

The part code will be the same as @Jeff_G posted above, 364138-001S.

I hope this helps!

paulwilky76
Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2021

Hi there, is this extension cable still available to buy as Bose Service (Twitter) have just told me that they only sell an RCA extension cable, not a speaker extension cable?

KageGates
Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2021

I’ve gone back and forth with your support for 4 months without a resolution. First the cable wasn’t in stock for 2 months. Then I finally get the cable from you and it doesn’t work. Contacted support again and they wanted me to send them the speakers despite me telling them it wasn’t the issue. I just received my replacement speakers and the cord still does not work. No sound comes out of the left speaker only when trying to use the extension. **bleep** is wrong here? Because now it’s too late for me to return the speakers or try a chargeback on my credit card. Active support case still not resolved after 4 months! 

scottstall94
Participant
Registered since

May 21, 2021

I ordered some of these cables (364138-001S) and tried two different ones and they mostly don't work at all, right out of the package.  They seem like the connections are loose and it has to be jiggled and held a certain way to play sound for even a few seconds.  If I let go and set it down, the left speaker shuts off.  It is extremely disappointing after searching these forums, finally finding that such a part as the extension cable exists, ordering, waiting, and then when it arrives it is total garbage and doesn't work at all.  To be clear, this is meant to connect the speakers together, not to extend the length of the power cord, right?  I am looking for >6 feet of separation between the left and right speakers. Has anyone else had trouble with terrible connections using these cables even when brand new?  Any suggestions?

Liam_G

Hello Scottstall94 and thanks for reaching out! 

I can confirm that the cable you ordered (364138-001S) is both a power and audio extension cable. It will be able to provide the separation length between the speakers that you are looking for. 

However, if you are having issues with the connections or the speakers. I do recommend that you contact your local support team for assistance. You can find their contact details here

I hope this helps!