Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 7, 2020

Bose Companion 2 Series III

I have had the Companion 2 Series III for about 2 years now and have noticed 2 things ever since I got them. It's never really been an issue but was wondering if these are considered normal.

1. When I play audio for the first time in a few hours they are very quiet but then ramp up to normal within about 30 seconds. Is this normal?

2. There is a very slight hiss sound when there's no audio going through. They are at half volume and my computer is set at 35/100. I can barely hear it but was wondering if this was normal also. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose Companion 2 Series III

Hi Mattco86,

Welcome to the community, I would love to help. 

So, have you always experienced this with your Companion 2 III system?

When you experience the low audio after a few hours, is the system in standby mode? 

Have you ensured all of your connections are secure? I would also attempt connecting to another device if you have one available.

Let us know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Participant
Registered since

Jul 7, 2020

Sorry for the late reply. Yes I have always experienced this. The speakers are always on. It's as if they have to "warm up" before they get to optimal volume. Which generally takes 30 seconds to 1 minute. There's also a slight faint hiss when they are on. Although I don't notice this cause it's quieter than my computer itself. Yes I have tried connecting to different devices. While these things are not really much of an issue at all I was just wondering if it's a common thing.

Highlighted

Hey @mattco86,

The slight hiss you claim to hear sounds like possible static noise? Have you tried connecting the speakers to a different power socket/outlet to see if this eliminates the noise at all?

In regard to the warm-up situation, are you seeing this happen when connected to all types of devices? It could be the system restarting after not being used for a while and kicking into gear.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!