Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2020

Bose Companion 3 series 2 not playing after connecting to 220V

Hi, I have Bose Companion 3 series 2 that I got from US to India, I didn't realize that Bose supports only 110V and not 110V-220V, and plugged it into 220V power supply and now it won't even turn on. What could have gone wrong? Would I be able to use with a step down transformer?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose Companion 3 series 2 not playing after connecting to 220V

Hey @ch_sac,

Thanks for taking the time to post. Sorry to hear you've not been able to use your Companion speakers.

As you're noticing a power rating issue, you may have to use a transformer to adjust the rating accordingly. It's not something we'd recommend as a final solution, as we cannot be sure how third-party devices will act, but it's the best chance of you being able to use the speakers.

Let me know if you're able to get hold of one to test with your system.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2020

Hi @Sam_F ,

Thanks for responding. I am not sure if the speakers are fine or if the extra voltage has damaged them because it turned on for few seconds when I connected and then it went off and wouldn't show the indicator light. Is there any way if I can check if it's still in working condition? I can then try to get a transformer to go with it. What part is usually impacted with high voltage?

Highlighted

Hi ch_sac,

Probably the easiest way to tell if the speakers are still working would be to plug them in with a transformer set to the correct voltage. That will let you know whether they will still power on.

If you do this and find that they do not turn on, then the best thing to do would be reach out to the local support team in India for assistance with getting the speakers serviced.

You can find the contact details for the Indian team HERE.

I hope this helps. Let us know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!