Bose Companion Speakers 20 not outputting any sounds

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Bose Companion Speakers 20 not outputting any sounds

The Bose Companion Speakers is not outputting any sounds despite the control pad is on and the sound maxed out. On windows, using the volume mixer, I can clearly see that audio is being played on the computer. Also, it displays the speaker device outputting sound as well, however, nothing is coming out of the Bose speakers. I've tried using a different DC power adapter and sound cable but nothing has changed. Any idea why my speakers just suddenly stop working out of no where? I've tested on multiple computers. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bose Companion Speakers 20 not outputting any sounds

Hey Lezero2116, 

Thank you for posting into the community. We're sorry for the trouble you're having! Have they always worked fine with your computers before? Is this recent, you would say? 

We appreciate the great troubleshooting you've already done. Just so we can try and narrow it down further, are you able to plug the Companion 20's into a mobile device such as a tablet or smartphone? Are you able to get any audio? 

Let us know when you get the moment. 

Thanks again,

Mohsin - Community Support

Silent Starter

Hello,

They have always worked and I would say extremely recent, like a two days. It does not make sense.
I have plugged the companion 20 into two different mobile phones and could not receive on both.

Hello lezero2116,

Thanks for trying that out. Your control pod LED should be white to indicate that it is on, if not then it is either off or muted. Tap the control pod to check and make sure that it is unmuted. If this is not the case, and you have tried different cables, then it may be time to contact Customer Support to inquire about available service options. Contact information can be found here. Just select your region, and kindly scroll down to where you see "Contact Us".

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support