honsbeek
Participant
Registered since

Jul 28, 2020

Bose Companion3 BROKE (want to reuse speaker satelites

Hello , thank you for trying to help me in advance

My Bose Companion 3 died after many happy years of use .

The service center told me that the motherboard is the issue and cannot be fixed or replaced.
I want to reuse the Satelite speakers some how. Can I buy something to reuse them.

I am not too knowledgeable about audio stuff. Could I reuse the speakers with A example Creative Sound card ? Or do I need to buy a new amp in order to use the speakers from the bose companion 3 system , since they are fine to use .

thank you again

2 REPLIES 2
Jessie_O

Re: Bose Companion3 BROKE (want to reuse speaker satelites

Hi Honsbeek, 

Thank you for your post! I'm so sorry to hear that your Companion 3 has broken. 

The Companion 3 system full system is not really designed to be used as separate components so I cannot recommend that you just use the satellite speakers. It will likely not sound as you expect and may damage the speakers. 

However, If anyone else in the Community has any suggestions, please chime in below. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Dareman
Participant
Registered since

Aug 16, 2020

Re: Bose Companion3 BROKE (want to reuse speaker satelites

I can try fixing the motherboard for you. I'm an electronics student looking for stuff to diagnose and fix. It's probably a burnt diode or blown capacitor or something. Let me know by reply: danewiren@gmail.com  I'm happy to take a look at it if you feel like unscrewing it and mailing the board out in a bubble mailer. Best.

Dane