Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 12, 2020

Bose Music app Settings not working

Hi Bose,

i have a soundbar 500 + sub 500 unfortunately is 9 months that i'm not able to have access to the settings due to a bug on the application Bose Music. I updated the application and also the IOS to 14.2  but nothing change, i still not have access to the settings and seems this is a common issue looking on different comments in the apple store comments.

Do you have any idea when and if will be release a fix for this issue? Is possible to use a different app or method to setup the soundbar for ex through a pc or mac? I'm really disappointed and i'm starting to think to sell the bar and buy another brand!

Please let me know!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Bose Music app Settings not working

Hey Bizio76, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! I'm sorry to hear that you aren't able to adjust your settings on the Bose Music App. 

Can you please let us know what setting you are attempting to adjust, as well as if you see any error messages when attempting to do so? If you could attach an image of this it would be very helpful. 

Have you attempted to delete and re-install the Bose Music app at all? I'd also like to know if you are able to adjust the settings for your products with another device? 

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 12, 2020

Hi,All

see below the images form the app:

1) If i try to use the "setting" => "Impostazioni" [Image 1]

2) the screen reamin in a sort of loading mode [Image 2]

What i want to change for example is the assistent form Google to Alexa etc.

I try to uninstall and re-install the application, i try to use my ipad, i try to use a different Iphone but nothing, from the commets in the app store (see the other images attached) i can see many other people not able to use anymore the setting.

The actual App version installed on my devices is 4.1.1

9176E7F1-C5AA-4C9D-AA31-04F19A5F63AB.png2A3DCAF2-00CD-4FB0-97C9-915F37D3B561.png

Highlighted

Thanks for updating us on this Bizio76, 

Let's attempt to remove the Soundbar 500 from your Bose Music account then re-add it. You can see how to do this by following these instructions here

To add the system back to your account please follow these steps here

Please let us know how you get on with these steps. 

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 12, 2020

Unfortunately not works...

Highlighted

I am very sorry to hear this persists.

Have you attempted to do this on an alternate device? It would be interesting to see if this is an isolated issue to your IOS device. 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!