Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 20, 2020

Bose SA3

I have a Bose SA 3 amp and Bose 251 speakers - can I run these as a stand alone system with say a input to the aux from a iPad or Bose wifi link? 
or will I need to connect it to my Bose lifestyle 20 and work from zone 2 with the remote I have for the zone and if so with which cables will I need to do so?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose SA3

Hey @Boblen,

Thanks for your post!

You will be able to use the SA-3 amp alone with the 251 speakers and input your source through AUX. 

If you have any further questions, please do let me know. 🙂

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 20, 2020

hi I have tried this by using my iPad into aux but I nothing. Unit flashing green when plugged in - is because I Ned a more conventional input from say a turntable or is it a micro switch issue on the sa3 unit. Clearly I need something with volume control - I have a spare Bose remote which I use to use for a zone 2 in the house - could this be paired to control. I guess I need to prove the unit is working fine somehow .

Highlighted

@Boblen I am really sorry, my mistake! I confused the SA-3 amplifier with our latest SA-5 amplifier where this would have been possible. With the SA-3 amplifier, you were correct in your first post, where you'll need to connect to your Lifestyle 20 and work from the zones. To do this, you'll need a Bose Link cable. You can obtain one of these by getting in touch with our support team - Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Again, I apologize for any confusion caused.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.