savager
Participant
Registered since

Feb 4, 2021

Bose Soundbar 500 not connecting via bluetooth to AT-LP120XBT turntable

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name Bose Soundbar 500

Country Australia

Firmware Version 10.0.10-8565+88f8514

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on AT-LP120XBT turntable

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce When i try to connect the devices over bluetooth i set both devices into pairing mode and they don't discover each other. I opened the bose app but it doesn't identify the AT-LP120XBT because it isn't on the WiFi network and this is how the app works im assuming.

The issue is not present with other bose products and i can successfully and effortlessly connect to bose micro soundlink and soundlink 360

What environment do you experience the issue in? living room

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? it has always been a problem

Any troubleshooting steps you took turn off and turn on again

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessie_O

Re: Bose Soundbar 500 not connecting via bluetooth to AT-LP120XBT turntable

Author Accepted Answer selected by savager

Hey Savager, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with connecting to your turntable. 

You do not need to connect to WiFi in order to connect the timetable to the soundbar using Bluetooth. 

I would recommend making sure that the soundbar is in pairing mode. You can do this by pressing the Bluetooth button on the remote until you see a blue light. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jessie_O

Author Accepted Answer selected by savager

Hey Savager, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with connecting to your turntable. 

You do not need to connect to WiFi in order to connect the timetable to the soundbar using Bluetooth. 

I would recommend making sure that the soundbar is in pairing mode. You can do this by pressing the Bluetooth button on the remote until you see a blue light. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

savager
Participant
Registered since

Feb 4, 2021

This worked. Thanks. 

Didn't realise the remote could pair by holding down the blutooth button on the remote could also pair.

Cheers,