adalca
Participant
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

Bose companion 3 series II - Sounds jumps between speakers when touching woofer

Hello,

I have an old bose companion 3 series II, which are still good. However, I've started to have an effect where the sound comes out of only one speaker -- and if I touch the woofer, the signal might change to the other speaker, or if I'm lucky back to both.

I assume it's a connectivity issue somewhere, and I tried doing some unplugging and re-plugging of various things (speakers, power, etc) but nothing has changed.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Jessie_O

Re: Bose companion 3 series II - Sounds jumps between speakers when touching woofer

Hi @adalca

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! I'm sorry to hear of the issues you seem to be experiencing with your Companion 3 speakers. I'll do everything I can to assist you. 

I would encourage you to check the connections on the Bass Module to make sure both cables are connected correctly and are not damaged. 

Let me know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
adalca
Participant
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

Re: Bose companion 3 series II - Sounds jumps between speakers when touching woofer

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, this did not help, I carefully looked at all the cables and connections involved and made sure they are well connected. Would there be any other ideas?

Jeff_G

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Have you tried swapping the left/right speakers to see if the issue persists?

Thanks.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
adalca
Participant
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

Hi,

I have now, and the issue has not been fixed, unfortunately 😞

Jeff_G

@adalca

Thanks for your reply!

If the issue persists, I would recommend getting in touch with local support here.

Thanks.